Digital Persona U-are-U 4500
Device name: U-are-U 4500 Reader
Manufacturer: Digital Persona, Inc.
Device connection: USB 2.0
Supported OS: (tested with Neurotechnology products) Microsoft Windows , Linux
Sensor resolution: 512 ppi
Image capture area: (Platen size) 15 x 18 mm (0.6″ x 0.7″)
Sensor type: Optical
Illumination: Blue LEDs
Device size: 65 x 36 x 16 mm (2.6″ x 1.4″ x 0.6″)
Weight: 105 grams
Supply Voltage: 5.0V ±5% supplied by USB
Supply Current—scanning: < 100 mA (Typical)
Supply Current—idle mode: 120 mA (Typical)
Supply Current—suspend mode: < 0.5 mA (Maximum)
ESD Susceptibility: >15 kV, mounted in case
Operating temperature: 0°C ~ +40°C
Operating humidity: 20-80 % (non-condensing)
Temperature, Storage: -10 – 60 C
Humidity, Storage: 20% – 90% non-condensing
Scan Data: 8-bit grayscale
Standards Compliance: FCC Class B, CE, ICES, BSMI, MIC, USB, WHQL
- The Digital Persona U-are-U 4500 Fingerprint Reader is an optical USB 2.0 fingerprint scanner suitable for most users in common or shared computer environments.
- The reader is easy to install and use Digital Persona U-are-U 4500.
- Digital Persona U-are-U 4500 accommodates the widest range of fingerprint and skin conditions.
- The Digital Persona U-are-U 4500 Fingerprint Reader is a USB peripheral perfect for individual desk top users, as well as multiple users in shared environments. Its compact design conserves desk space in enterprises, and its professional, modern appearance looks elegant in point-of-sale environments.
- The Digital Persona U-are-U 4500 Reader utilizes optical fingerprint scanning technology to achieve excellent image quality, a large capture area and superior reliability. A silicone coating allows it to read a wide range of fingerprints accurately and rapidly regardless of placement angle. The high-quality metal casing resists unintentional movement.
- To use, simply place a finger on the reader window and the reader quickly and automatically captures and encrypts the fingerprint image before sending it to the DigitalPersona® FingerJet™ biometric engine for verification. For superior user feedback, a red “flash” indicates that a fingerprint image has been captured.
- The Digital Persona U-are-U 4500 Fingerprint Reader is designed for use with DigitalPersona’s full range of software including our authentication solutions, DigitalPersona® Pro Enterprise and DigitalPersona® Online, as well as our U.are.U Software Development Kits (except for the U.are.U® SDK for Android). Whether you are an enterprise customer or a system integrator, DigitalPersona’s biometric identity verification solutions provide a natural extension to your security system and applications.
- Digital Persona U-are-U 4500 Works well with dry, moist, or rough fingerprints. Reliable performance over the widest population of users. Reads even the most difficult fingerprints.
- Excellent image quality. High-quality optics ensure best image every time.
- Blue LED. Soft, cool blue glow fits into any environment and doesn’t compete in low light environments, such as restaurants. Also the blue light does not conflict with alarm condition colors in environments like health care.
- Rugged construction. Weighted metal casing and special undercoating prevents unintentional movement on slippery surfaces.